Peace out, 2018!

2018 brought me closer to God’s heart, and so it was a great success! Though, as far as humanity’s version of success is concerned, it was fraught with struggle and challenges too. 

The year began with my decision to take 3 months medical leave, as my body and my team of doctors gave a resounding, “we’ve had enough✋🏻.” Those three months gave me space to feel cared for and also isolated. Full of ideas and/or full of failure. Some days I fell into the latter of these things, and other days were brighter. It was good and hard. 

As the year carried on, new challenges popped up (hello, Marysville!), and God found ways to reignite my calling and passion for ministry. 

My friends (who are family, by blood and/or by choice) reminded me that I am made up of many good things. AND EVEN cared enough to gently point to the areas of myself that are less than good things. They are so kind to me.

Our boys grew and grew. I taught them and laughed with them, washed all their clothes a thousand times, loved them fiercely like only their mama can, but lost my temper more than I would’ve liked. Still, they forgave me. I’d walk over ALL THE LEGOS for our tribe.

My husband showed anew what a valiant man he is. There were days of 2018 that I did not deserve his fighting for me, but he tenderly carried on anyway. We prayed more together than I think we ever have before. Good comes from that. And we let God work in us separately, which always somehow miraculously turns out to be working in us TOGETHER, too. 

I am a whole person today, thanks be to Jesus! I was a physically & spiritually broken person on this day last year. And so, God has proven Himself faithful again, per His usual. And I have been surprised by His faithfulness, but like, smirkingly so. Which is new; I must be getting better acquainted with how God shows up! 

There are big and exciting and daunting things that I know 2019 is carrying! And also small and quiet and mundane things too. 

Which is good because I need both.

Peace out, 2018✌🏻
2019, make yourself right at home✨


#tribeward #allthosewardboys #dreamboathusband #boymama #friendsthatarefamily #goodlife #happynewyear #2019 

Comments

  1. happy 2019! may 2019 be kinder to you but offer you just as much challenge and opportunity for growth. so easy to want the fruit of labor without the labor, so i cannot wish you anything but the chance to blossom more and more <3 i love you so very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie!! I JUST saw this. So sorry! The chance to blossom more and more sounds exactly right. Thank you. I love YOU so very much xo

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts